Bankruptcy & Divorce
Trusted Bankruptcy Attorney Serving Orange County & L.A.
Anyone’s financial problems can be made much worse when dealing with serious family matters such as a divorce. The end of a marriage can man you have much less income with which to pay your bills.
If you are finding yourself unable to repay your creditors and have been divorced, you ought to consult with a seasoned Los Angeles bankruptcy attorney from our firm who can help you understand how to move forward.
Why trust your bankruptcy case to Oaktree Law?
- Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau
- AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 100% dedicated to the best outcomes possible for clients
- Decades of legal experience
Our firm aims to help those struggling with considerable debt to get it down to a manageable size and keep creditors from harassing you. We are fully aware of the rights you have under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and we can fight to help you get back on your financial feet.
Highly Experienced Southern California Bankruptcy Firm
If you are in the midst of a divorce and decide to file for bankruptcy first, the case will be put on hold until your bankruptcy is finished so that all debts can be settled.
You most likely have many questions surrounding your legal options:
- Do I still need to pay child support if I file for bankruptcy?
- Can spousal support/alimony be discharged through bankruptcy?
- Will we lose equity in our home in a divorce if our home is facing foreclosure?
- How can joint debts be separated if I file for bankruptcy but my spouse doesn’t?
- Can my spouse and I file jointly for bankruptcy while we are going through a divorce?
There’s no time to wait! Call us today!
Because so much is at stake at such a time, you cannot wait to speak with a reliable Orange County bankruptcy attorney who can walk you through every step of the bankruptcy process so you make the best decisions for your financial and personal interests. You need to reach out to Oaktree Law as soon as you can for legal insight on what your rights and options are.
Call us today at (562) 219-2979 to set up a free consultation or contact us!