Bankruptcy, Loan Modification, Business Litigation & Other Legal Services in Orange County
Oaktree Law is proud to offer our comprehensive bankruptcy and other financially focused legal services to our clients throughout Southern California. Founded in 2009 by Julie J. Villalobos, Oaktree Law has built our firm on a foundation of providing individualized solutions to the unique financial concerns of all our clients. Our experienced team is made of compassionate, professional attorneys who are dedicated to working with and for you to find relief from the burden of your financial stress.
Our Law Services
Choosing to file for bankruptcy has something of a stigma attached to it, but an attorney who has experience in this area can explain the various types of protections that different bankruptcy options can provide as related to your specific circumstances. If you are facing overwhelming credit debt, or have serious mortgage issues, our Orange County bankruptcy lawyer will work with you to determine if bankruptcy is the right option for you and if so, which type of bankruptcy will be most beneficial in your situation. These include:
- Chapter 7 – A Chapter 7 bankruptcy is best suited to individuals or businesses, allowing them to pay down their debts by selling some of their assets, as well as discharging some part of any unsecured debt.
- Chapter 11 – This plan applies to businesses and individual who have a significant net worth and involves a reorganization of their business, while typically still allowing the owner to retain control and continue their operations.
- Chapter 13 – If you are an individual who earns a steady income but are still facing a large amount of debt, our Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney can help you explore this option, which can both secure your property and reorganize your debts into a more practical plan.
- Chapter 20 – This plan actually involves the combination of a Chapter 7 filing, which can discharge your debt, followed by a Chapter 13 filing, which will allow you to pay the remainder of your debt though a practical payment plan. Your Orange County bankruptcy attorney can evaluate your situation to determine if this option will be the best solution to your debts.
Filing for bankruptcy can free you from the endless pursuit of debt collectors and offer you a more workable plan to relieve your debt and regain control of your finances. If you would like to work with an experienced Anaheim bankruptcy attorney, we are here for you.
Business and Civil Litigation
The process of pursuing litigation against a business or an individual can be extremely complicated depending on the circumstances involved. At Oaktree Law, our Anaheim attorneys we will help you assess your case and move forward in a way that is right for you. We handle a wide variety of business & civil litigation matters and can serve our clients in cases regarding the following:
- Business Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Partnership and Corporate Disputes
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Theft of Trade Secrets
- Misrepresentation and Fraud
- Wrongful Termination
- Estate Planning
Planning your estate in advance is the best way to ensure that you are providing for the people you love, giving you control over the distribution of your assets rather than leaving this burden to your family or friends. We offer our clients assistance in planning the following:
- Living Trusts
- Advance Health Care Directives
- Durable Power of Attorney
The threat of foreclosure can be devastating and overwhelming, but many homeowners are unaware of the rights and options available to them in the face of possible foreclosure. Our Anaheim foreclosure attorney can provide invaluable guidance through the sometimes complicated process of find an alternative to foreclosure that works best for you.
A loan modification is an option in which you alter the terms of your current mortgage with your bank in a way that will lower your monthly mortgage payment. This may be available to homeowners who meet the following qualifications by having:
- An adjustable-rate mortgage
- A high interest rate mortgage
- An amount due remaining on their mortgage that exceeds the amount that the property is worth
- Other serious financial hardships
Modifying your loan can lower your monthly mortgage payments on either a permanent or temporary basis, allowing you to avoid foreclosure.
Short Sale Negotiation
If you are facing a hardship that will make it impossible for you to continue your current loan payments and your property meets the qualifications of being worth less than the remaining unpaid amount of your loan based on comparable sales, your lender may approve a short sale of your property. This means that your property is sold for less than the amount of your loan and with the cooperation of your lender.
If you have pursued alternative options to an impending foreclosure and have been unfairly denied a loan modification, you may have the option of taking legal action against your lender. Our attorneys can help you determine whether or not litigation is beneficially applicable to your situation and work with you to defend your home.
Bankruptcy with Foreclosure Defense
In situations in which the proceedings of a foreclosure are already in progress, your attorney may choose to file for bankruptcy. Though this option may sound like a negative one, filing for bankruptcy will place an automatic stay on the foreclosure of your home, giving you the time you need to work with your attorney to find a solution to your debts without losing your home.
An added benefit of working with Oaktree Law includes our in-house notary service – a convenience that not only streamlines the process of assisting clients who need help with issues of bankruptcy, real estate, estate planning, but offers them the reassurance of having notarizations that are legal and binding in California.
Our Los Angeles Notary Public can provide notarization for the following important documents:
- Adoption papers
- Child custody agreements
- Divorce/settlement/pre-nuptial agreements
- Escrow and title documents
- Legal documents
- Medical documents
- Travel documents
- Powers of attorney
- Vehicle verification and title transfers
Personal injuries can happen anywhere and at any time, with serious results that may leave victims facing not only physical and emotional recovery, but also mounting financial stress due to ongoing medical care or bills, loss of income and more. If you have been injured in any of the following types of accidents, it is in your best interest to seek legal support from an experienced Anaheim personal injury attorney.
- Car Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Truck Accidents
- Defective Products
- Dog Bites
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
Our attorneys can help you determine the damages that you are owed based on the unique details of your case and fight to ensure that you are compensated in the way you deserve.
Real Estate Law
We are dedicated to protecting the legal rights of home and business owners in matters of real estate law, including:
- Contract negotiations
- Contract review
- Corporate planning for real estate investment
- Eminent domain
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Purchase and sale of residential and commercial properties
- Real estate closings
- Residential and commercial leasing
- Title review
If you would like to speak with a bankruptcy attorney in Anaheim about any of the legal services we are proud to provide and need an attorney in Anaheim, we invite you to contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – either through our quick and convenient evaluation form or by calling our office at (562) 219-2979.