Los Angeles Bankruptcy Attorney
Julie J. Villalobos founded Oak Tree Law in 2009, bringing her knowledge, experience and passion for helping others together to build a firm focused on meeting the individual needs of clients. She represents families who want to protect their homes or simply to have a fresh start with their finances, whether their difficulties arise as a result of financial issues with lending institutions, job loss, illness, death in the family, or other unforeseen circumstances.
Julie has helped hundreds of clients throughout Southern California prevent foreclosure, protect their assets and get debt relief. Her practice focuses on Chapters 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases, as well as home loan modifications, litigation against major lenders, and estate planning.
Ms. Villalobos personally handles every bankruptcy case that comes to Oak Tree Law. She cares deeply about her clients. Her goal is to make the process as easy as possible for them, while providing solutions that are customized specifically for their individual needs.
Prior to founding Oak Tree Law, Ms. Villalobos gained experience working at other firms in bankruptcy, litigation, estate planning, wills and trusts and loan modifications. She acted as General Counsel and Supervising Attorney for the bankruptcy division of a law firm in Los Angeles where she handled Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy matters, often developing creative solutions to help solve clients’ problems. As a result, she is not afraid to try solutions others might not consider in order to obtain the results her clients need.
Although Oak Tree Law was originally founded as a bankruptcy firm, Ms. Villalobos soon merged her practice with that of another firm that had developed their own successful model for loan modifications. Oak Tree Law is now able to provide clients with comprehensive solutions for their mortgage and debt-related problems, including foreclosure defense, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Where necessary, Ms. Villalobos and her team stand ready to pursue litigation to ensure clients obtain the results they deserve.
Ms. Villalobos is dedicated to her clients, her firm, her community, and her family. As she says, “At Oak Tree, we are passionate about helping people. Our firm is like a family and we welcome clients into our home here at Oak Tree.”
Ms. Villalobos has received an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell every year since 2012. She was admitted to the practice of law in the State of California in 2009 and is also admitted to the United States District Courts for all four Districts in California. She is a member of the California Bar Association, the Los Angeles Police Protective League, the Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA), and many other alumni and community organizations. She writes and speaks on bankruptcy, loan modification and foreclosure issues.
Ms. Villalobos received her Juris Doctor Degree from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles in 2008 on a full academic scholarship, and received the Dean’s Scholarship. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Liberal Arts and Business Administration from Whittier College in 2004, where she was named the Business Administration graduate of the year and was awarded the highest honors in that major.
In addition to running her practice, Ms. Villalobos works for the BCM Foundation helping to provide grants to local community organizations. She has been active at her church and her childrens’ school, St. Bruno’s Catholic Church and School, since 2006, serving as a Eucharistic Minister and helping with numerous school functions. She speaks conversational Farsi. Ms. Villalobos spends most of her free time with her husband and children, with whom she runs 5K races and participates in civil war re-enactments.
I met with the owner, Julie – she is absolutely fantastic!! She was always there every time I had a question, and I had many questions. I cannot tell you what peace of mind I had to get this bankruptcy done. Julie and her firm are professional and knowledgeable on the bankruptcy procedure. I have recommended this firm to all my friends and family.
Isela H., Whittier
I called Oaktree Law offices due to Friend’s recommendation to finally use legal help. Upon my first visit with Julie I felt confident. Julie is so kind, easy to talk to, no judgement, and SO knowledgeable. I knew with all my questions, worries and stress, that in our very first meeting, i was going to be personally cared for. She gave me a number to always reach her, told me not to worry, the rest was her job to take care of me. By THAT afternoon, she had already emailed a lot of information, and the ball was rolling. I had what I call true hand-holding through out.
I cannot say enough about my experience with this law firm, and Julie. She was truly amazing, and I feel like i have made a new friend, I pray, for life. I will recommend without hesitation this firm as they are integral, honest, and informative on every level. Thank you for being there through one of the most difficult times I’ve endured.
Debbie T., Santa Ana
- Using Bankruptcy to Eliminate Credit Card Debt, HG.org – Legal Resources, 2014
- Bankruptcy and Taxes, Oak Tree Law Blog, 2012
- As the Fed Buys $40 Billion Worth of Mortgages a Month, Homeowners Need to Pay Attention, HG.org – Global Legal Resources, 2012
- Learn How a Federal Agency, Made to Protect Homeowners, has Now Turned on Them, HG.org – Global Legal Resources, 2012
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and Loan Modifications, National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees, 2013
- Foreclosure and Effects on Real Estate, Citrus Valley Association of Realtors, Board of Realtor Meeting, 2012
- Los Angeles Police Protective League, 2011–present
- Bar Rights Advisory Group, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, 2014–present
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, 2012–present
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA), 2012–present
- Loyola Law School Alumni Association, 2008–present
- Women’s Law Society – Loyola Law School, 2005–present
Honors and Awards
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell 2012, 2013, 2014
- Excellence in Leadership Award from the Women’s Law Society, 2013
- Dean Academic Scholarship, Loyola Law School, 2009
- Business Scholar of the Year, Whittier College, 2004
- State Bar of California, 2008- present
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, 2012–present
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California, 2012–present
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, 2009–present
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 2012–present
- Loyola Law School, Juris Doctor, 2008, Dean’s Scholarship
- Whittier College, Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts, Liberal Arts, and Business Administration, 2004, Summa Cum Laude
To learn more about OakTree Law, see our Firm Overview or call 800-535-1627.
To contact Julie directly, email her at: email@example.com.
7.8Julie J. Villalobos