Affordable Debt Relief & Debt Consolidation Solutions in Orange County
Are you being hounded by creditors? Are you worried that your home may be foreclosed upon? Are you despairing that you’ll ever get out from under your piles of bills? Bankruptcy might be an option for you and your family. A good Santa Ana bankruptcy attorney , like the bankruptcy lawyers at at Oak Tree Law, can help you determine what type of bankruptcy, if any, is right for you.
Oak Tree Law, founded in 2009, specializes in bankruptcy law, loan modifications and estate planning. Our Santa Ana Bankruptcy Attorneys also have attorneys skilled in real estate, personal injury and business law. We realize that everyone’s situation and needs are unique. That’s why we take the time to sit with each of our clients are get to know them and their hopes and dreams for the future.
At Oak Tree Law, we offer a comprehensive array of legal services. Whether you’re looking to file chapter 7 bankruptcy in Santa Ana or are looking for a good estate planning attorney, we have you covered.
People typically file for bankruptcy when they have so many bills, they can’t handle them without assistance. This could be due to medical expenses, credit card debt or a balloon mortgage payment. Bankruptcy can give you and your family a fresh start and end the embarrassment and harassment of collection calls and foreclosure. Depending on the type of bankruptcy you choose, you could even have some of your debts erased. The forms and procedures associated with bankruptcy can be confusing. Our experienced & trusted bankruptcy lawyers in Santa Ana can make this process much easier for you with our debt consolidation, credit counseling & debt management services.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Santa Ana
Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the most common type of individual bankruptcy. It allows an person to keep selected possessions, such as a primary residence and one car, while the remaining possessions are sold to satisfy the person’s debts. Those debts that cannot be repaid via this process are discharged.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you time to regroup and repay your creditors. This is ideal for people who had financial difficulties in the past (because of an illness or job loss) but have since rebounded and now have adequate income to gradually satisfy their debts. Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy halts all collection actions, including foreclosure, and gives the person or couple up to five years to repay debts. A repayment plan is filed with federal court and a trustee is assigned to administer collections and queries from creditors. After all debts have been repaid, the bankruptcy is discharged. As this type of bankruptcy is overseen by federal court, a good Chapter 13 Bankruptcy attorney in Santa Ana is essential to a good outcome.
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Chapter 11 bankruptcy is for businesses what Chapter 13 is for individuals and couples. In short, it allows a company to take time to restructure and rebuild the business so that they can repay their creditors.
Chapter 20 Bankruptcy
Chapter 20 bankruptcy combines both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. Usually, Chapter 7 is filed first to discharge some of the person’s unsecured debt and is then followed by Chapter 20 to help them catch up on mortgage payments.
Business & Civil Litigation Law
Businesses of all sizes need attorneys for things like contracts, partnership agreements, employment contracts and any litigation that might arise as a result of the business operations. Just a few of the business legal services we offer include:
- Business Litigation – Lawsuits are inevitable in our culture. We’ll provide a litigation attorney in santa ana or wherever you need him.
- Breach of contract – We can help you if a client or vendor fails to live up to their end of an agreement.
- Partnership & corporate disputes – Business partners don’t always get along. When serious disputes occur, we can help you with mediation.
- Construction – There are a number of legal issues involved in building a new structure.
- Employment – We keep your company ahead of new employment laws and help defend you if someone sues you for discrimination or harassment.
- Insurance bad faith – Allow our attorneys to help deal with your insurance company if you have a claim.
- Real estate – Buying and selling business property can be tricky. Our Santa Ana real estate attorneys can help protect your interests from listing to closing.
- Intellectual property – We help protect your trade secrets.
- Theft of trade secrets – Should an employee steal your intellectual property, we’ll help you get justice.
- Misrepresentation and fraud – Whether it’s by an employee, customer or partner, we’ll defend your rights.
- Wrongful termination – If an employee claims you fired him or her illegally, we’ll defend you in court or negotiate a favorable settlement.
Estate planning is setting up your assets and affairs so that they can be easily transferred to your heirs when you pass away. This also involves minimizing the potential tax legally, so your family or friends won’t have to pay any more in taxes than necessary. Our Santa Ana estate planning attorneys can help with a variety of services, including:
- Wills – This designates you gets your assets when you die.
- Living Trusts – The legal process allows you to easily transfer property to an heir without having to go through probate court.
- Advance Health Care Directives – These allow a designated person to make healthcare decisions for you if you are unable.
- Durable Power of Attorney – This legal document gives a designated person the power to make financial decisions and actions for you if you are unable.
Notary Services in Santa Ana
Most legal documents require a notarized signature. At Oak Tree Law, we have a notary on staff, so you don’t have to go elsewhere to execute your documents.
Personal Injury Legal Services
Should you or someone you love be injured in an accident or fall, you need a personal injury attorney in Santa Ana to help defend your rights. It’s just not smart to leave your future security in the hands of the other party’s insurance company. Such incidents include car accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice, truck accidents, accidents resulting from defective products, dog bites, bicycle accidents and motorcycle accidents.
Real Estate Law
Buying and selling property can be confusing and there are a myriad of ways you can get into financial or legal trouble without the assistance of a good real estate attorney in Santa Ana. Such an advocate can help make sure that contracts are properly executed, that moneys are transferred quickly and that closings happen correctly. Our Santa Ana real estate lawyers can also help with issues surrounding rental properties, such as landlord/tenant disputes and evictions.
To learn more about filing bankruptcy in Santa Ana and what type of bankruptcy is for you and your situation, contact us today at 562 219-2979 to schedule a free evaluation. We’ve been helping families like yours for nearly 20 years.