Specializing in bankruptcy, Oaktree Law provides credit counseling, debt relief, and litigation services to clients throughout Los Angeles and Orange County. Whether you’re looking for a loan modification attorney to help you manage debt or a foreclosure attorney to represent you in court, we will evaluate your case and provide you with expert guidance. If we feel that your case falls outside our expertise, our Orange County bankruptcy attorneys will advise you on the best course of action – no sales tactics or fine print.
We can help clients all throughout Orange County, including:
- Costa Mesa
- Garden Grove
- Huntington Beach
- Mission Viejo
- Newport Beach
- Santa Ana
- & more!
People often file for bankruptcy when overwhelmed by debt. While the term carries a negative stigma, declaring bankruptcy can have its benefits. A major advantage is that it halts foreclosure and collection efforts against you. Bankruptcy can also protect a variety of assets including home equity, personal valuables, and more. A knowledgeable Oaktree Law bankruptcy attorney in Orange County can even help you get out of debt. However, different types of bankruptcies are designed for different situations.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy – The individual or business must sell a portion of their assets to pay off debt while discharging a large amount of unsecured debt. After declaring Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the business can no longer operate.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy – Designed for high-net-worth individuals and large businesses, Chapter 11 involves a reorganization of the business, after which the owner most likely retains control and can resume operations.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy – Designed for most homeowners with a full-time job burdened by debt or foreclosure, Chapter 13 provides an avenue for reorganizing a debt payment plan and avoiding foreclosure, collections, and force sales. An Oaktree Law debt consolidation attorney can help you protect your home and loved ones with a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 20 Bankruptcy – A sum of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, Chapter 20 is designed for homeowners in deep debt. After discharging debt through Chapter 7, our experienced Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney in Orange County can help you develop a new payment plan and fight against creditors who violate the terms of your Chapter 7 declaration. Oaktree Law will help you navigate the complexities and determine if declaring a Chapter 20 bankruptcy is your best course action.
Business & Civil Litigation
Cases involving business and/or individual interests can be complex. Oaktree Law can fight for your rights in a variety of business & civil litigation cases including:
- Business Litigation – We will represent you in a variety of cases to protect your business interests.
- Breach of Contract – If a violation of a written or verbal contract harms your business interests, Oaktree Law is here to help.
- Partnership & Corporate Disputes – Disagreements happen in business. Oaktree Law is here to protect you in the event of partnership disputes.
- Employment Disputes – Oaktree Law can represent you in cases of discrimination, wrongful termination, and breaches in employment contract.
- Insurance Bad Faith – Dishonest insurance companies may try to short change you, wrongfully deny your claim, and pull other underhanded tactics to avoid paying you.
- Intellectual Property – Oaktree Law can represent you if your trade secrets (strategies, software, process, contacts, etc.) are stolen or divulged without your consent.
- Misrepresentation & Fraud – You may be entitled to damages resulting from another party providing false information.
Estate planning protects your interests and loved ones if you pass away or can no longer manage your assets. Our Orange County estate planning attorneys can help ensure your assets are distributed to the proper beneficiaries and protect them from certain taxes and probate court. You can save money, have more control and peace of mind, and provide for your loved ones through estate plans including wills, living trusts, advance health care directives, and durable power of attorney.
Homeowners falling behind on their mortgage payments or burdened by crippling debt are at risk of foreclosure. A seasoned Orange County foreclosure attorney at Oaktree Law can help you understand your rights and determine the best course of action to protect your home and family.
- Loan Modification – Revising the terms of your mortgage can reduce your monthly payments and prevent a foreclosure.
- Short Sale Negotiation – With lender approval, the owner can sell the property for less than the loan amount. Choosing a short sale gives the owner more control and in most cases has less of an impact on credit than foreclosure.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy – Filing for Chapter 7 can give you more time to decide the future of your property, keeping foreclosure at bay.
- Mortgage Litigation – There are various legal venues in which a foreclosure can be prevented or postponed.
Important documents often require notarization. In the areas of bankruptcy, foreclosure, and real estate, notarization ensures your documents and contracts can be enforced with full legal legitimacy. Oaktree Law can provides professional notary services for all your high-priority documents.
Personal Injury Attorney in Orange County
Personal injury cases stem from a variety of unfortunate situations. If an accident has left you hurt, unable to work, and worried about bankruptcy, we can fight to get you compensation for the following personal injury cases:
- Car accidents – Driver negligence, reckless driving, and violation of traffic laws are common causes of car accidents.
- Slip & falls – Unkempt walkways and other safety hazards can put pedestrians at risk of a slip and fall injury.
- Medical malpractice – A mistake in the clinic or hospital can leave a patient sick or injured.
- Truck accidents – Truck accidents can be especially serious due to the mass of the vehicle.
- Defective products – Malfunctioning products can cause injury when you least expect it.
- Dog bites – Untrained and unleashed dogs can pose a threat to passersby.
- Bicycle accidents – Not all drivers obey “share the road” rules, placing cyclists at risk.
- Motorcycle accidents – Due to the difference in mass, motorcyclists are more likely to be injured in an accident with a car or truck.
Real Estate Law
The attorneys at Oaktree Law have the knowledge and experience to represent you in a variety of real estate cases. Our specialties include real estate purchases and sales, contract negotiations and enforcement, landlord-tenant laws, evictions, leasing disputes, commercial real estate, eminent domain, and more. No matter how complex the case, we will provide you with sound guidance.
Don’t let bankruptcy ruin your life. An experienced Orange County bankruptcy lawyer can help you make the best of your situation and get you the compensation you deserve.