Los Angeles County Bankruptcy & Foreclosure Attorney
Oaktree Law provides professional legal services for clients dealing with bankruptcy and foreclosure. Serving Los Angeles and Orange County, we will dispatch an experienced Long Beach bankruptcy attorney to help you consolidate your debt, modify a loan, or defend your assets in court. Our long beach bankruptcy lawyers carefully evaluate every case and provide personalized counsel and litigation to help you make the best decision for your home and family. In the event that we feel we are not your best option, we will provide you with information and resources to lead you in the right direction.
Individuals and businesses may file for bankruptcy when burdened by debt. While bankruptcy is seldom ideal, the situation can bring about positive changes. Bankruptcy can prevent foreclosure and stop collections. It can also protect your home and other personal assets. An experienced Long Beach debt lawyer at Oaktree Law can evaluate your case and help you manage your debt. Options for declaring bankruptcy typically include:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy – This option allows you to sell some of your assets to pay off your debt and discharge a large portion of unsecured debt, after which you will no longer be able to operate your business.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy – Business owners and individuals with high-value assets often choose Chapter 11 bankruptcy. This allows you the reorganize your business, stay in control, and continue operations.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy – Designed for most working homeowners battling debt or foreclosure, Chapter 13 lets you create a revised debt payment plan and avoid foreclosure.
- Chapter 20 Bankruptcy – A combination of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, Chapter 20 is designed for homeowners battling crippling debt. Upon discharging debt through Chapter 7, you will create a new payment plan and protect yourself from creditors who may breach your Chapter 7 declaration.
Business & Civil Litigation
Business and civil claims can be complicated and time-consuming. A seasoned business lawyer at Oaktree Law can help protect your business interests and get you due compensation in a variety of claims including:
- Business Litigation – Oaktree Law will represent you in a variety of business cases to protect your rights.
- Breach of Contract – We can represent you in the event that a verbal or written contract is breached.
- Partnership & Corporate Disputes – Partnership and corporate disputes may violate your business rights. Oaktree Law can help you protect them.
- Employment Disputes – A Long Beach bankruptcy attorney can represent you in cases of workplace discrimination, wrongful termination, and breaches in employment contract.
- Insurance Bad Faith – Dishonest insurance companies may try to low-ball or deny a valid insurance claim. Our Long Beach attorneys can help you fight back.
- Intellectual Property – Business secrets such as customer and supplier information, marketing strategies, proprietary software, and processes are just as important as physical assets. Oaktree Law can help you file a claim against a party who has stolen or divulged your intellectual property without your consent.
- Misrepresentation & Fraud – You may be entitled to damages resulting from another party providing false information.
Proper estate planning ensures that your assets are managed according to your wishes after your passing. The last thing you want is to burden your loved ones with avoidable taxes and probate court proceedings. Our estate planning attorney in Long Beach can help you plan and legalize a variety of estate plans including wills, living trusts, advance health care directives, and durable power of attorney.
Late mortgage payments, housing debt, and other troubles can place your home at risk of foreclosure. A dedicated Long Beach foreclosure attorney at Oaktree Law can help you understand your rights and help you choose the best option to protect your home and family:
- Loan Modification – By revising the terms of your mortgage, you can get back on track with your monthly payments. While a loan modification may cost you more in the long run, it offers a more manageable way to pay off your home and prevents foreclosure.
- Short Sale Negotiation – A short sale occurs when the owner sells their home for less than the loan amount. While often a last resort, choosing a short sale can give you more control and mitigate damage done to your credit score.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy – While it may not be a permanent solution, filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy can delay foreclosure and give you more time to plan the best course of action for your home and family.
- Mortgage Litigation – An Long Beach litigation attorney can pursue a variety of legal options to help you prevent or postpone a foreclosure.
Certain documents do not carry legal weight until they are notarized. If you are working through a bankruptcy or foreclosure, Oaktree Law can provide professional notarization to ensure your documents and contracts are enforceable by law.
If another party’s negligence or recklessness caused you personal harm, you may have a valid personal injury claim. If an accident has left you injured, unable to work or keep up with your financial obligations, our experienced Long Beach personal injury attorney can help you get compensation. We’ll represent you in personal injury cases including:
- Car accidents – Negligence, recklessness, poor visibility, and violation of traffic laws can lead to a serious car accident.
- Slip & falls – Cluttered or slippery walkways, obstructed warning signs, and other safety hazards can put pedestrians at risk of a slip and fall injury.
- Medical malpractice – A mistake in the clinic or hospital can have long-term consequences on a patient’s well-being.
- Truck accidents – Truck accidents can be especially serious due to the sheer difference in mass between the vehicles involved.
- Defective products – Appliances, tools, and other products don’t always operate as intended, often leading to disaster.
- Dog bites – Dog owners don’t always take time to train their dog or obey leash laws, placing passersby at risk of a dog attack.
- Bicycle accidents – Road rage and unwillingness to obey “share the road” rules often result in injury to cyclists.
- Motorcycle accidents – The difference in mass between a car and a motorcycle leaves motorcyclists at greater risk of injury.
Real Estate Law
Whether you’re buying, selling or leasing a home, an experienced Long Beach real estate attorney at Oaktree Law can help protect your rights in all types of real estate cases. We can negotiate contracts on your behalf, resolve leasing disputes, handle evictions, argue cases of eminent domain, and more. Your real estate lawyer will be there to advise you every step of the way and ensure you make the best decision regarding your property.
With proper legal counsel, you can turn bankruptcy into a fresh start. A dedicated Los Angeles bankruptcy attorney can help you navigate your situation and create a plan for your future. Call Oaktree Law at (562) 219-2979 or submit a web form to request a free case evaluation.